Brief Description of Duties:
Under the direction of The Citadel Alumni Association leadership team, oversee multiple events, outreach initiatives and student programs, including the class ring program. Serve as the Student Alumni Association adviser, especially giving logistical support for events.
Essential Job Functions:
- Class Ring Program Administrator - Class Rings, Alumni Rings, Non-Cadet Ring program, Fall Ring Presentation, Sizing Week, Try-on Week and day-to-day program operation including billing and ring manufacturer payments.
- Student Alumni Ambassadors (SAA) – Serve as co-advisor for the 40-cadet member SAA program. Attend, plan and administer weekly meetings, national and regional conventions and internal retreats.
- Special Alumni Events – Coordinate, plan and execute Homecoming Awards Gala,Gold Corps Weekend, Citadel Young Alumni reception and Bulldog Boutique.
- Oversee Alumni Gift Store (online sales) - ship purchases and monitor trends to suggest new merchandise and any future merchandise programs.
- Alumni Outreach – Administer Alumni Birthday Card program, special alumni recognition programs, home athletic events contests and suggest and develop future outreach programs.
- Answer Phones and greet visitors as necessary
- Professional experience working in student programming, alumni relations and/or fundraising working for a university or non-profit.
- Experience developing a broad range of events from small gatherings to large-scale events.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Organizational skills to successfully manage multiple priorities in a complex work environment.
Work some nights and weekends, including weekly SAA meetings, Homecoming and Corps Day weekend and other events spread throughout the year. Occasional out-of-town travel will be required.
Salary will be discussed during the interview process and is commensurate with qualifications.
Qualified candidates should submit a resumé and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, December 2, 2013.